It’s here—the next issue of Reformed Worship is literally (or metaphorically) in your hands. Now what? We want to make sure you get the most out of your subscription, so we put together this list of suggestions.
- Read the articles. This may seem obvious. But RW is more than just a collection of resources. There are excellent, thought-provoking, articles that expand our knowledge and imagination about worship and how it intersects with so many other topics. Do you have a pressing issue you’d like to read about? Don’t forget that you can search back issues at the RW website (ReformedWorship.org).
- Share the wisdom: Did you find something particularly helpful? As a subscriber you can share full articles (or portions of them) in bulletins and newsletters or for committee and educational purposes. All you need to do is include a copyright line like: “Article Title” by author name, reprinted from Reformed Worship XX, date, page. Used with permission.
- Pick up and use: Some of you appreciate what we call “pick-up-and-use” resources—those complete worship services that offer just about everything you need. Go ahead and use them! We simply ask that either in your print bulletin or on one of your PowerPoint slides you note that the service was taken or adapted from RW. Don’t forget: You’re encouraged to adapt the resource for your context. Switch out a song, lift up your own prayer—do whatever you need for the service to be an authentic and sweet offering to God.
- Inspiration: Nothing makes us happier than hearing how a suggestion in RW inspired a new idea or how you took a preaching series from RW and made it your own.
- Pick a part: You don’t need to use a service or resource in its entirety. If there is a prayer or litany or other resource you think would fit in the service you’re planning, by all means use it. Just indicate its source in your bulletin or on your screen.
- ReformedWorship.org features not only more resources and articles easily found with a custom search bar, but newly written blogs and links to subscribe or to upgrade or renew your subscription.
- Back issues of RW are available for purchase from FaithAliveResources.org.
- Digital library membership gives you many links with additional resources. Nearly every song referenced in an issue, for example, includes a link to where you can hear it. Many song links also provide additional information on the song, including suggestions for related liturgical elements you could use.
- New Blogs are posted regularly at ReformedWorship.org.
- Get links to great resources and information on upcoming events in our e-newsletter.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Reformed Worship is produced as part of the ministry of the Christian Reformed Church, but only about half of our readership comes from that denomination. Journals with comparable resource packages often speak in terms of membership in an organization and cost significantly more. We have intentionally kept the price down in order to make the resources accessible to all churches. Would you like to join us in our mission to provide churches with quality worship resources—resources that impact churches including Reformed, Presbyterian, Lutheran, Methodist, Baptist, and other traditions in North America and beyond? Go to ReformedWorship.org and “Donate Now.” Let’s keep the mission going!