JUST FOR FUN
Recognize These Christmas Songs?
1. Move hitherward the entire assembly of those who are loyal in their belief.
2. Listen, the celestial messengers produce harmonious sounds.
3. Nocturnal timespan of unbroken quietness
4. An emotion excited by the acquisition or expectation of good given to the terrestrial sphere
5. Embellish the interior passageways
6. Heavenly beings from exalted surroundings
7. Twelve o'clock on a clement night witnessed its occurrence
8. Tintinnabulation of vacillating pendulums in inverted, metallic resonant cups
9. Small municipality in Judea southeast of Jerusalem
10. Diminutive masculine master of skin-covered percussionistic cylinders
11. Omnipotent supreme being who elicits respite to ecstatic, distinguished male persons
12. Natal celebration devoid of color
13. In awe of the nocturnal timespan characterized by religious consecration
14. Locomotion through a geographic state of fantasy during the season of nature's dormancy
15. The first person nominative plural of triumvirate of far eastern heads of state
16. In a distant location the existence of an impoverished unit of newborn children's slumber furniture
17. Proceed forth and make declaration upon a specific geological alpine formation
18. Jovial yuletide desired for the second person singular or plural by us
This anonymous list was serialized in the daily announcement sheet at Redeemer College, Ancaster, Ontario, in 1990. Answers below.
1. O Come, All Ye Faithful 2. Hark, the Herald Angels Sing 3. Silent Night 4. Joy to the World 5. Deck the Halls 6. Angels from the Realms of Glory 7. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear 8. Jingle Bells 9. O Little Town of Bethlehem 10. Little Drummer Boy 11. God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen 12. White Christmas 13. O Holy Night 14. Walking in a Winter Wonderland 15. We Three Kings of Orient Are 16. Away in a Manger 17. Go, Tell it on the Mountain 18. We Wish You a Merry Christmas